I have something in my bag. (Take out a broken bowl.)
1. What’s this? [broken bowl]
2. Have you ever broken something?
3. How did you feel?
4. Have you ever broken something your mum or dad told you to be careful with?
5. What happened?
6. Even when we do something wrong, our parents still love us.
7. And even when our parents are angry with us and punishing us, God still loves us and God watches over us.
Pray with me.
God, thank you for our mums and dads who love us even when we break things. Thank you for loving us, too. Amen.
Lectionary: originally written for Pentecost 7, Year A