A quiet place
A pause in our day
A turning toward the source of peace
What words do we use when we reach out to the Spirit of Life?
Do we talk? Do we listen? Do we think? Do we feel?
Explore these resources (click theme) to find worship words relevant to you today:
Prayer is ‘not a technique but a relationship, a friendship, which can take different forms’:
• Spending time reflectively with God – with thanks, with sorrow, with people on our heart
• Chatting (arrow prayers) – talking (a quiet time) – intimacy (silence)
• Offering the day to God at the start – practising the presence of God through the day – reviewing the day with God at night
• Meditating – chewing the word of God slowly and prayerfully
• Contemplating – silently looking, listening and just being.
–thoughts from Living Faith, ‘Christianity: a simple guide’…, Diocese of Oxford UK