‘For me prayers are shared like ripples on a pond, never quite knowing where they’ll wash up or who may be moved by their rippling along the way.’
— David Pickering, Moderator, United Reformed Church National Synod of Scotland
Ready-to-use prayers posted throughout Worship Words:
Thoughts from the Diocese of Oxford UK, printed in the Living Faith pamphlet, ‘Christianity: a simple guide’…
Prayer is ‘not a technique but a relationship, a friendship, which can take different forms’:
- Spending time reflectively with God – with thanks, with sorrow, with people on our heart
- Chatting (arrow prayers) – talking (a quiet time) – intimacy (silence)
- Offering the day to God at the start – practising the presence of God through the day – reviewing the day with God at night
- Meditation – chewing the word of God slowly and prayerfully
- Contemplation – silently looking, listening and just being.
Prayers by Theme
Apologies, but there are no posts to display.