Complete worship services created specifically for use at the Open Table community worshipping at St John’s United Reformed Church in Warrington, WA4 6QE, United Kingdom.
Links to a variety of services are located at the bottom of this page.
What is Open Table? (The following text is taken directly from the Open Table website.)
- Safe sacred space for LGBTQIA+ Christians & all who believe in an inclusive Church.
- Open Table is an ecumenical Christian worship community which offers a warm welcome to people who are: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer / Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA) and all who seek an inclusive Church.
- Open Table aims to create a safe sacred space for you to explore your faith and what it means for you. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, you are welcome here.
- Open Table shouldn’t need to exist. Our vision is of a world where LGBTQIA+ people are fully included within our church traditions and communities. Until then, we will continue to nurture safe, sacred, inclusive space where LGBTQIA+ Christians can ‘come as you are’.
- Open Table began in Liverpool in July 2008. Now Open Table communities gather across the UK, hosted by inclusive churches. Click here to read a brief history of Open Table, published in Journeys in Grace and Truth, edited by Jayne Ozanne, June 2016.
Worship Services designed for Open Table worship:
Open Table service, Remembrance Sunday — Ana Gobledale, UK
Open Table Service: Blessing the Animals — Ana Gobledale, UK
Open Table Service — Harvest: celebrating abundance — Ana Gobledale, UK
Universal wedding service, for any two people — Ana & Tod Gobledale, UK
Open Table Service — Star-gazing, God’s awesome creation, Genesis 1, Psalm 104 & 145, — Ana Gobledale, UK
Where are Open Table communities today? Click here to find a list of worshipping communities.